Copernicus als Hilfsmittel fuer Umweltmonitoring, Hamburg (Germany)
From February 07th to 8th, Susanne Tamm, responsible for the In Situ North West Shelf (NWS) unit, will take part at the Copernicus als Hilfsmittel fuer Umweltmonitoring. This meeting will promote Copernicus Marine Services as a tool for environmental monitoring. The agenda to be covered (German) can be found here and the hosting institution will be the Federal Maritime and Hydrographic Agency of Germany (BSH), at Bernhard-Nocht-Str. 78, 20359 Hamburg, Germany. Do not hesitate to reach Susanne for more insight about the In Situ component of CMEMS.
In Situ TAC Phase II kickoff meeting, Athens (Greece)
From January 23rd to 25th, The In Situ TAC General Assembly was held in Athens. The Hellenic Centre for Marine Research (HCMR) was this time the institution responsible for hosting the meeting and organizing the welcoming.
During this meeting Phase I activities, actions and milestones were reviewed for fulfillment and sharpening regarding the incoming Phase II (see agenda). This In Situ TAC General Assembly meant also the kickoff of the In Situ TAC Phase II and during it, new partners and roles were addressed.
Copernicus Marine Week, Brussels (Belgium)
A significant number of talks will address the the importance of in situ observation for CMEMS and the INSTAC activities:
- The In-Situ Component (25th, 14h45 – 15h15, ROOM: Ballroom 1+2)
- Upstream in-situ observations (26th, 14h25 – 14h40, ROOM: Ballroom 1+2)
- Preparing ocean products based on observations (26th , 14h40 – 15h10,ROOM: Ballroom 1+2)
- In-situ TAC and its links with Emodnet and SeaDataNet/Cloud (27th, 15h00 – 18h00, ROOM: Madrid)
- Impact of in-situ observations on CMEMS products (27th, 15h00 – 18h00, ROOM: Madrid)
- Long term evolution of in-Situ observing systems & marine requirements (28th, 16h30 – 18h30, ROOM: Ballroom 1+2)
- The In-Situ Component (29th,9h15 – 10h15, ROOM: Ballroom 1+2)
The regular training session will be also held for end users: Meeting the INSTAC partners, How to get in situ data from INSTAC and how to use (27th & 28th,9:00 to 12:30, Room Madrid). All INSTAC partners will be present during the Marine Week.