PdE – Puertos del Estado (Spanish Holding of Harbours – www.puertos.es) has the role of coordinating and supporting the activities of the main harbours in Spain.
Amongst their legal competences is the study of the physical environment in the coastal area. The lines of work related to operational
- Control and management of the measuring networks of Puertos del Estado (deep water and coastal buoys, HF radars and tide gauges).
- Support and development of an oceanographic database containing information from measuring networks, numerical models and statistical analysis.
- Development of numerical wave and ocean circulation models. Operational forecast: wave, sea level and ocean circulation forecasted for Spanish harbours.
- Climatic characterization. Climate change studies, and use of models in Hindcast mode to generate climatology.
Puertos del Estado is participating in the following tasks:
- Task 1: Operation of the IBI Component of the INSTAC for NRT and REP products including continuous evolution and contribution to thecrosscutting activities (Quality, MYP, OSR)
- Task 2: Operation of the Service desk for the IBI component
- Task 3: Contribution to PQWG, specially for SLEV and WAVE, and follow-up of the recommendations implementation within the INSTAC when necessary
- Task 4: Contribution as leader to OSR chapters. Development of OMI for extreme variability monitoring
- Task 6.4: Contribution of the service evolution task for the improvement of the monitoring tools and services to users
- Task 7: Coordination of the INSTAC activities for IBI
& System Evolution